Botswana Agate large polished smooth nuggets with soft and warm colors of gentle pinks, brown and grays. Highly polished smooth stones. Necklace length is 18 inch with a 2 inch sterling extender. Large lobster claw sterling clasp. Secured by sterling cord guards. Each bead is separated by a knot by using a strong waxed fiber cord by Beadalon, is a braided Dacron fiber that resists both abrasion and stretching. The snakeskin-like texture of this cord gives it grip, so knots are more secure.
Botswana Agate is a variety of banded Chalcedony, a mineral of the Quartz family. It is predominantly banded in shades of pink and gray, though some layers may contain a muted brown or apricot. These stones were produced by volcanic activity nearly 187 million years. The banding in these stones were produced when lava flowed in waves from long faults along the lower rock layers and rolled across the landscape, depositing layer after layer of silica quartz thus creating the extra fine bands known to Botswana agates.
* Botswana Agate Nugget Stone Beaded necklace.
* Highly polished smooth stones.
* Knotted between each bead, helps to prevent beads from rubbing together.
* 18 inch necklace with a 2 inch sterling extender.
* Large sterling clasp.
* Sterling cord guards.
* Size of stones vary from 13mm to 18mm by 20mm 28mm.
* Shades of pink, gray, brown, and apricot.