* Sterling silver bezel and bail.
* Crinoid Fossil Rock pendant, 31mm by 41mm.
* The back side of the pendant is visible.
* Oval fossilized jasper stones, approximately 20mm by 15mm.
* Grey freshwater pearls and pink fire polished 4mm crystals.
* Necklace is 20 inches long includes a 2 inch extender.
* Silver colored lobster claw clasp.
* Matching freshwater pearl and Swarovski crystal earrings 1 inch long, sterling ear wires.
A sterling silver handcrafted bezel and decorative bail encircles this unusual and unique oval cabochon gemstone referred to as Fossil Rock. This is a type of basalt stone that contains fossil inclusions. Millions of years ago tiny organisms such as animals (also known as zoolites) and plants were trapped in molten rock and preserved. The dark grey background of the stone is the basalt rock base and the pink, brown, and grey inclusions or fossils are reminders of the remote past. The necklace consists of oval gemstone beads with black circular spots a perfect complement to this beautiful stone pendant. These oval stones are fossils imbedded within a jasper matrix. Jasper is a micro crystalline variety of Quartz. Many Jaspers can include foreign materials, which account for its wide variety of colors and patterns. Due to the stones natural origin, each stone will have its own unique patterns with a circular matrix of different sizes and shapes.
Added to the necklace are grey colored freshwater pearls and faceted round fire polished pink crystals. The necklace is 20 inches long includes a 2 inch extender. Matching pair of Swarovski and freshwater pearl earrings are included, 1 inch long.