Australian 5 cent coin pendant mounted in a 14 kt gold filled handcrafted bezel. Included is a 14 kt gold filled oval link chain necklace, 18 length. The length of this pendant is 1 inch, width 3/4 inch.
The obverse shows an image of a spiny anteater or echidna, similar to a small porcupine. The echidna, which grows to 45cm in length, belongs to a family of egg-laying mammals called monotremes and is found throughout much of Australia. The design views the animal from underneath, curled up for protection. The reverse shows an image of Queen Elizabeth II and the mint year.
* Australian 5 cent coin.
* Mint year: 1976.
* Coin composition: Cupronickel, 75% Copper, 25% nickel
* Reverse: Spiny anteater or echidna, similar to a small porcupine curled up in a protective position. Designer Stuart Devlin.
* Obverse: Head of state, Queen Elizabeth II. Designer Ian Rank-Broadley.
* Coin weight, 2.83 g
* Coin diameter: 19.41 mm.
* Pendant length, 1 inch, width 3/4 inch.
* Necklace chain, 14 kt gold filled, 18 inch length.